Friday, May 4, 2012

Journey back home - Toronto - New York - Malaysia

Assalamulaikum and a very good day...

As the title tells, right now I have arrived safely at my home in Kampar, Perak and I am going to spend about 2 weeks at home before starting my internship.

My whole journey was really full of obstacles and hurdles..haha. My journey started from Toronto on April 26. I took a megabus from Toronto to NYC at 8.30am.. I brought 2 big luggage since I can bring 2 luggage for my flight.. To my surprise, I am only allowed to bring only 1 big luggage .. Oh my god, should I throw my bag away. I asked the driver could I pay for more or something like that, so the driver said I needed to buy another ticket... Gladly, there was a lovely white lady who didn't check in any bag, so I used her space to for my bag. Solve the first problem.

Looking at the map, Toronto and NYC seem to be like Ipoh and KL, but to be truth it took 12 hours to safely arrived at 28 st, 7 avenue, Manhattan, NYC. Actually it was my second journey to NYC, but before this I came here with my 3 other friends but this time I'm alone in NYC and I'm not really used to the MTA or subway map in NYC.. so many lanes

MTA maps in nyc

So the story of me in NYC began.. I arrived in NYC at 8.00 pm and my flight was actually on the next morning and I didn't have any plans to sleep on that night. So since I brought my 2 big luggage, I needed to carry both of them where ever I went.. haha.. can you imagine carry those 2 luggage around nyc with so many people... To find a place to sleep, I went to almost 10 hotels whether it was budget hotel or not.. and as I expected all hotels were fully booked.. so what to do... I drink a coffee at dunkin donut and went to the John F. Kennedy Airport which is situated not in Manhattan but in Queens which is about one hour journey by subway.. Luckily I found a hotel near the airport worth $100 per night. Long story short, I took the flight to Hong Kong the next morning and arrived KLIA on 10pm. 

Before I forget, I just want to advice all people travelling across States especially NYC, be prepared to give any tips to anybody who helps you for something, whether the person helps you carrying your luggage or try to help you finding a room. Even though, you do not give them the tips or you give them to low, they will ask for it or even ask for more..haha

The end....

No comments:

Post a Comment